There is a quote “You can’t sell anything if you can’t tell anything.” And to tell anything, you need to meet people where they are. With the boom of digitization, people are online. And this is the point of digital marketing.
In the same fashion, digital marketing is combining marketing ideas and digital platforms. promoting business through various digital channels like social media, email, mobile applications, etc. is digital marketing.
# Importance of digital marketing:
Depending on statistics, if you track down the normal day of an individual:
- 35-50% of their time is spent on digital platforms.
- 97% of the US population, under 65, is on social media at least once a month.
- 76% of Facebook users are on it every day, And 51% of Instagram users are on it every day.
The majority of the time of an individual is spent online . And this is the major reason why digital marketing is an ever-growing industry.
Turn back time to when businessmen used to spend most of their money on billboards. Remember that time? Once, they were the real deal. There used to be billboard wars!
But, nowadays, not a single person sitting in a vehicle will spend even a second looking at billboards. By using such advancement of technology and comfort, nobody bothers to look outside.
Thus, moving your focus to the digital world is the need of the hour. Here are few guidelines to help you in digital marketing for small business:
1. Target audience identification
2. Let the customers come to you
3. Availability and Mobile access
4. Developing Multimedia
- Users can relate a lot with media. Be it pictures, videos or audio. It is easier to market your content and relate with the customers when you leverage media in the right way . The appeal is because of the ease of understanding. With pictures and videos, it’s easier to make an appealing call to the customers.
- We have all searched for pictures or videos to understand something better. The same is the case with the customers. Using digital marketing, you can easily incorporate media. And this is another reason why digital marketing is important for you.
- Focusing on the fact that identifying and targeting your target audience is never enough. To identify your target audience, you need to monitor and track the activities of your audience.
- At the same time, you can also check the status of the current strategy. More importantly, you can modify it according to the reports which are highly beneficial. This is another striking proof of the importance of digital marketing for small businesses.
6. Influence and authorization:
- This is an important step as you are just starting . You need to make a mark and state your claim! For this, you can use digital platforms to make a brand. Digital marketing provides a simple and efficient platform to engage with your prospective customers.
- With this approach, the origin of a relationship between the customer and the brand begins. Keeping up to date with the happenings of the world can help a lot
7. Influencer engagement:
- According to statistics, 85% of people rely on reviews while shopping. Reference from friends or close ones are 42% more effective than ads.
- As a result, reviews about your product/service can decide how much traffic or conversion rates you are going to experience. Now, this effect is heightened if the product/service is being reviewed by an influencer.
# How to use digital marketing services?
Digital marketing comprises all those strategies which make use of electronic devices or the internet. With the collaboration of digital media and technology to deliver advertising through digital channels.
Digital marketing has no bounds or limits . There are various ways to leverage these digital marketing services. Various channels which can be exploited are:
- Social media platforms
- Mobile platforms
- Web applications
- Search engines
Focus on these To improve your digital marketing services the best way:
- Search marketing
- Email marketing
- Mobile marketing